Friday, December 4, 2009

REPOSITORY/DISTRIBUTING OF netcat-0.7.1.fc10.x86_64.rpm

1. I created a GPG key: gpg --gen-key
2. I added my email associated with my gpg key to the %_gpg_name in ~/.rpmmacros:
%_gpg_name "mjaden@learn.senecac.on.ca"
3. I signed my netcat package by executing the command: $ rpm --addsign netcat-0.7.1-2.fc10.x86_64.rpm
4. I created a directory, "mjadenrpm_Repository" in the /var/www/html/ and I used the scotland server where the directory can be served:
mjadenrpm_Repository
4. I put my signed netcat package in that directory
5. I created the repository metadata for my directory by running the command: $ createrepo /var/www/html/mjadenrpm_Repository.
6. I created a new repository file, mjaden.repo :
mjaden.repo
7. I tested that I can not install from that repository while in the repository file, the gpgkey line is commented.
8. I created my gpgkey file by both importing and exporting that file by executing the command:
$ gpg --export --armour mjaden@learn.senecac.on.ca and saved the output.
9. After working upto this step, I started to test if I can now install my repository and I have successfully done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment